Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stage Antics

I went to my niece's school for a concert today. I was so proud of my little sweetheart as she strutted out with 3 other friends. She was actually the emcee for her section! Yeah yeah I am biases and I know it full well but what to do? She's my one and only niece. And she was absolutely adorable in her little pink frock. As her entire class sashayed unto the stage, I singled her out immediately. In my excitement I sprang out of my seat and started waving to her like an idiot. I seriously believed that she would spot me. Yeah I failed to realise that I was probably not visible to her...being somewhere at the back of the auditorium among a sea of doting parents~. Well she gave me no sign of acknowledgement.....

Either way...in that moment my heart was so full of emotions..mostly bursting with pride. I had a sudden urge to go shake some unsuspecting parent and brag about my niece. I was so glad that I had a chance to witness her,standing on the stage dancing and shining so brightly like a star. When she came on again later for another section, I snatched a vantage point and was right infront of the stage armed with the video camera, waving excitedly once again.

Once again she stared at me blankly...did she see me? She probably was trying not to associate herself with this bumbling idiot of an adult. She was stone-faced as she executed her moves with the awkwardness of a little toy robot. She was perfect, errrrmmm...minus the moments that she spent picking her nose, scratching her head or tugging at her shorts from the front AND the back. Sigh~ So unglamorous!!

Ahhhhhh~, she was amazing! I am so proud of her. Once again, this little joy I have, adds to my list of positive things, for which its only now that I get to witness and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment