So now you see where I get my pessimism from? The best thing is they have knack for making you feel guilty. They always make me feel like crap regretting everything I said or done. Classic case in point, I am late picking them up and the next text I get is :" not going already la! I am tired. dun wanna go is it? Dan I change already?"
And so when I reach my boiling point and I rant at them, they just have the perfect retaliation. And I am sorry to say that I am truly a sucker for that.
I finally am a step closer to getting married and the whole thing is starting to wear me down already. Ever since I told them that I would be having black on my gown, they haven't let up on the nagging. I got super pissed off when they started telling me about a friend of a friend whom I seriously doubt exists. Anyway the story was, the bride wore black and the groom died within the year. My blood pressure shot up! How could they do this to me? Its just not fair. I told him about it and him being my anchor in this mad world that I live in, told me this, "What about the bride who wore white and they both died in a plane crash?"
Black is bad only if you think it is. Negativity breeds negativity! This is ridiculous and I will not tolerate any more remarks about my gown, my choice of colors or the flowers. Its my wedding for god's sake! Why make must you always make me feel bad for wanting to do things my way.
And the best thing is they actually went to rally the support of my sis. Traitor!
I found my resolve when I was toying with the idea of using black roses, never knew if they existed as a work of nature or man. So I went to wiki it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_rose_(symbolism)
To quote the page, In the language of flowers, black roses taken to signify death or farewell BUT because a black rose is virtually impossible to procure, it can also mean pure love. A black rose can also mean rebirth, though lesser known.
So my conclusion is black is only bad if you think it is, and I don't. Though I know if something bad were to happen, they would pounce on the opportunity like a kitten would on catnip, to make me regret not having listened to them. Sigh~
eh!!!! not my fault hor!! they got to me when ma was lying all forlorn in the hospital bed. How not to be swayed??
ReplyDeleteaiya now they are ok w the black bits oredi lah...so everyone happy ya?
i bake black cake for u lah! hehe...