Monday, September 27, 2010

等価交換

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得る事などできないのだから......

Do you believe in equivalent trade? The law of conservation? That whatever you lose, you gain something else of equal value for it and likewise whatever you gain, whether you are aware of it or not, you lost something in exchange.

I am waiting for a phone call, an opportunity to be exact. I am looking for a way back into my original path, the one that I had somehow strayed away from. I want it so bad and yet at the same time, the cruel voice in the back of my mind tells me the game's long over and I know that he's right.

As I spend another sleepless night listening to the voice remind me over and over again abt my failures, this law of equivalent trade came to mind.

But the law can't work can it? Have you ever experienced working so hard towards one goal and yet suffer failure at the end? Where was the promised pot of gold? How is it that 2 people going through the same war path wind up with 1 being the victor and the other the vanquished? How did 1 win and another lose when both gave their all?

Where is the equivalent trade in that then?

In a world of self-centered individuals, this rule can never be comprehended. Why? We will only be focused on our own gains or losses, failing to note that for this law to work, it has to encompass the larger world in which we occupy. It is your failure that allowed for the other party to succeed.

But there will never be true altruism. I am not capable of such noble thoughts. I want to be that victor. I want it all.

As I attempt to swallow my defeat, switch off my tear ducts...he ruffles my hair and tells me "sweetie, you have me..how bad can life be?Quit if that will make you smile again. Don't you know that by now? That I will always support you."

I come to slowly comprehend.. maybe He is here for me and that is my equivalent trade. I found my soulmate and in exchange my career is just one big mess.

何かを得るには同等の代価が必要だから夢が叶う為に,君は何かの犠牲にするんだ?

私の答えはもし私の夢が叶う為に君を犠牲にしなければ、なら私一生夢を叶わないを選んで.

I block out the evil voice attempting to scare me with more negative what Ifs...and let sleep overcome me. Tomorrow will be better..it has to.


No comments:

Post a Comment