Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Experimenting with Recipes

I've always been cooking based on instinct, adding and mixing according to whatever's available and my mood. I was suddenly inspired to try cooking with recipes. So I did my homework on the net and I even bought a bento cookbook. I was confident that I would replicate exactly the dish in the pictures.

Happily, I dragged him to Giant last night, and we filled up the shopping cart like we were preparing for a famine to strike the next day. Conclusion: Never go to a supermarket when you are hungry....tsk tsk tsk

When we got home, our packing skills were put to a test, our current fridge is too small! We had a hard time stuffing our spoils into the fridge! We definitely need a bigger fridge for the new house.

Anyway, I managed to get all the ingredients that was mentioned in the various recipes I had decided on. So I got down to preparing the food, reciting to myself quietly how much of what to add. However somehow along the way, my free-spirited nature kicked it and I was adding and mixing stuff according to how I feel again! *Gasp*
He asked me dubiously when I threw in some lime into the marinate, "Was that in the recipe?"

Anyway, here are some shots of my latest cooking exploits.



Beef Burger Patties

Dinner at 1:07 in the morning (Spot the clock in the background)
No thanks to him for knocking off so late once again, he will literally be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment