Monday, December 28, 2009

Wedding Jitters

I finally got the keys to my house! After a long wait, 5 years to be exact, its here and we need to get married! OMG~ and I dun even know where to begin. Me being the practical old me, I only see the stress parts like who to do hair, makeup, decorate the car.....what to wear and not to mention lose weight!!!Ugh~ what a hassle.

Lucky for me, my parents have given up on me so I get to keep the wedding small. I am thinking of a church wedding and a small reception amongst friends and family. However the word family sends small shivers down my spine. Will I need to invite the now-estranged family members on my mother's side? People I have not met since the time the millennium bug threaten to do us all in? Sigh....would they even bother or worst bother to come but pull the longest face ever? I would like to say whatever...but I can think of a million other scenarios where my 2 favorite persons can ruin this special day for me. Like what's new right?

The clears
I've got a few things thought out...notice the key word "few". I know that I will be going to Japan to take some wedding pictures, cos' its the sakura season and it will be the first time I am seeing it so I wanna capture the moment. I will rent a kimono there and doll myself up like a Japanese chick. Prob will have to go to a salon to do the hair and makeup though. The only thing now is getting the leave that I have planned for. There is this bitch in my office who is vying for the same dates as me. !@#$%^ pissed off!

I also have checked with the church I want to get married in, they have said ok BUT the date we are looking at is a sunday!!! and they dun do sunday weddings OMG~ I think that church is amazingly beautiful so I am torn between changing the date and not using the church. On another note, they are money-making organisations!!! Everything has a price tag to it. Sigh....but the church is the only way I know how to go. Anywhere else just won't feel like a wedding to me lo.

And the Blurs
Oh the music for the wedding. That draws a blank for me. I mean he and I both have decided on what our funeral song will be. But wedding song??!!!

Another worry on top of my list is the gown! I initially wanted a short flirty dress but he kindly reminded me of my not so flattering legs...so its the long gown for me. I just hope I do not trip and fall on my way down the aisle. I asked him if I could have skulls on the dress hahahah....he said not to push it and give my parents one more opportunity to ruin this for me. But I am not giving in on the black details, that much I have decided.

The next on my list is the decoration of the car. How and who...eludes me...

I almost forgot about my makeup and hair...but I think I should consider the gown and the look I am after first huh?

Not forgetting the magazine idea we had for our wedding pictures. I need ideas, drawings and PICTURES!!! Ugh

These are the things I actually thought about but I believe there are plenty others that haven't even crossed my mind.

Amidst all the worries, I find myself looking forward to the day. I've never been the sort who wanted marriage. Afterall I am contented with the way things are. But marriage is inevitable for us at least given that the house is here. Right now...I wished we got married this year while I had all the time in the world. Sigh....Oh I forget...amidst all these there is the renovation of the house to worry about as well....Ugh~

No comments:

Post a Comment