Monday, March 9, 2009

Aspirations

I am very certain at some point in your early childhood years, your english teacher made you write one such composition, titled "My ambition". So what was my ambition?

I was pretty certain of what I wanted to be become, enthusiastically devouring any law-related movies and books. I would completely immerse myself in them, subconciously trying to memorise those witty closing statements by the crimimal lawyers on law & order. In hope that some day I would get to use them myself. 

The signs were right, the passion was there. This was the field for me. I was in the top 2% of my entire cohort for all my law subjects in university and well.... probably the exact opposite end of the spectrum for my accounting ones....

However as I grew up, several wrong turns along the way, misguided decision making gone awry. I winded up somewhere completely not where I intended to be.  I became an auditor... WTH??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment