We started taking steps towards getting hitched. Okay, we move slow...really slow after all we're not exactly willing parties here. If not for the house, which would be ready soon, we would be contented to live out our lives like so. After all, marriage does not hold the same meaning to us, as most people.
So what was our first big step? We went to see a shifu (do they have an official title?) to get the auspicious date. Call me "puntang", but I truly believe that if it the stars and signs are right, even the heavens will wish for your happiness. Anyway the shifu was an interesting person and pretty famous to boot! When we gave his unit no. to the security guards at his block, they were like "Oh you're here to see the uncle! Congratulations!". However he spoke in mandarin ONLY!! Given his Fantastic grade in chinese and the fact that I am an Ang Moh Guntang, between us, we only understood at best 80% of the entire conversation. Lucky for us, he was rather modernized and had printed out a book of dates that were auspicious for the both of us, meaning we could use those days to move house, open companies and of cos get married. This came complete with english instructions on the customs for the actual wedding day which include things like me going to pluck grass and hiding treasure coins all around the house.
So what was the conclusion, we have the book now but we are still undecided on the actual date. Instead we have discussed other aspects of the wedding, keeping it as simple as possible. So no wedding dinner, just a small reception for close friends and family, a church ceremony and also our tabloid magazine. We are currently researching for content for the magazine and the type of photos we would like to take. I have absolutely no wish to take pictures of us staring into some fake sunset. This is simply just not us and besides I do not want pictures which would not bring a smile upon our faces as we reminisce our past.
I have been toying with the idea of using black for the wedding, given my obsession with the color(eg. Blog). I pictured the pews in the church decorated with black and white roses with lace and ribbons, my bridesmaids all decked out in black tube dresses with a single white rose one on each arm. I will walk down the aisle in my little white dress decorated with a smattering of small black flowers, holding a bouquet of black and white roses.
However I was unfortunately slapped back to reality from my reverie by violent objections from the family.. Is BLACK really that bad?
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i have no violent objections to black. i have a ever ready black wardrobe now. WHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA... and I AM THE MAID OF HONOUR HOR.
ReplyDeleteOF COS LA?! If not you dan who else?
ReplyDeleteUgh....but no black lei...i am thinking Midnight blue so dark it almost looks black wahahah...